Total Pageviews

Tuesday, 7 February 2012

In a Better Place

Christie recently commented to one of my posts that she was happy that I seemed to be in a better place lately. Thanks for commenting and noticing Christie. Yes, I would say I am in a better place. Not "THE BETTER PLACE" thankfully, (not quite ready for that yet,) but yes, overall a better place.
I have always been a 'glass half full' kind of gal, but it seems over the last several, actually... many years, I had lost that. I have always felt that the way you feel depends on how you decide you are going to feel, but like all good habits, given the right conditions, they can be eroded.
Recently I made a conscious decision that I was tired of being sad. I was tired of feeling like life sucks. Tired of letting the way other people act have such an effect on the way I feel. I was just tired of not being happy. So I gave some serious thought on how to get happy. As you know, I have been setting some goals that I've posted on here, I have also set some others with regard to finance that I haven't bored you with. The feeling of taking control of my life really is empowering. I know that everything is not where I want it, and some of the things I need to change are going to take many years, but at least I don't feel like I am just coasting anymore. No more thinking that it is o.k. to be waiting for something to happen to get things started. It was always something. When I lose weight, I will ____________ (insert 'the thing' here.) When I pay off that debt I will take a vacation with my child. When I feel more confident I'll start to date. (O.k. I admit it, this one was about losing weight too.) When I have more time I'll get my house the way I want it. It's always something, and I don't want to have my life on hold anymore. None of us have a guarantee as to how long we will live, and it's time for me to stop waiting for life to start.
Having said all that, I don't totally know what that means. I will continue on with my courses to move towards a new career. I will continue to live a healthy lifestyle. I will continue to set goals each week to move me closer to being the person I want to be.
I have been doing well with the latest goals I added. One that feels the best right now is doing leg exercises while I'm brushing my teeth. It's so simple, and really only about 2 mins, a couple times a day, but it feels good. This week is half over and I haven't added anything new this week, which is fine, so I guess I will just keep on with what I have so far.

1 comment:

  1. I love it! Live your life! I need that kind of momentum! You will do great! What am I saying? You are doing great!

    ReplyDelete