Total Pageviews

Tuesday, 3 January 2012

New Diet Plan

I know what you are thinking... oh no, not another crazy diet! Well I have never been one to go on those crazy diets, with the exception of 1. Back in the '80's I did the Scarsdale Diet a few times. That's it though, no grapefruit diet, no South Beach diet, no cabbage diet, or any other of those weird ones that were out there. But now, I'm going to start a new one. At least for January. It is called the "One Day Diet."
Never heard of it, well that's because I am making it up, right here, right now. My plan is rather than thinking about how much weight I have to lose, and how long it is going to take me to lose it, which is not only depressing, it is discouraging, I'm going to focus on today. I'm going to play some mind games with myself and tell myself that today, just today, I'm going to be good. I'm going to eat right, do the exercise I say I'm going to, along with the rest of the things I've said I'm going to do each day. When I'm feeling like I can't do, or I'm feeling too tempted, I'm going to tell myself, "Just today, diet is just for today. Tomorrow I can do what I want."

I haven't lost my willpower or dedication... yet. When I do, (I know myself well enough to say when, not if...) this is what I'm planning on falling back on.
The scale was good to me again this morning, thank you Ms. Scale. I'll do my part, you do yours.

I did well today with the weeks goals as well. I'm looking forward to next week when hopefully my toe will continue to be feeling better, and I can add some more movement into the mix. I don't think I mentioned I broke my toe just before Christmas.

So here is today's breakdown;
-2 really fun things with my child -she got home tonight, so no.
-write down everything I eat. -yes
-stay under 1700 calories daily.-yes, about 1600
-walk 20 mins a day -yes
-floss my teeth 3 times this week -one down
-lotion on my body after shower -yes, it felt good too
-write a long overdue email -no
-look into taking some courses -I'm registered, not sure if I'll start this week.
-1 hour on paperwork on my messy desk.-10 mins
-blog at least 3 days this week
-this is 2


So that's where I'm at, one day at a time. I feel like I'm ready again. With this new diet I know I can do it. I will reach my goal. I will be healthy and fit, and well, dare I say... hot!! Go me!! Go us!!!

2 comments:

  1. Totally agree with one day at a time. The days that are gone are past and we don't feel them however hard they were, and the days that are to come are not here yet. Just get today right and do it again tomorrow and it will add up. You are doing really well

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it is a great plan! Here's to Ms. Scale continuing to extend her kindnesses to you. ;) On a slightly different note, my post was DEFINITELY NOT about you. It was actually about my Mother in Law. She is overweight and on my "hierarchy" she is about the same size I am "fatness wise, but she is taller, so my assumption would be that she weighs more than I do. She is 62 years old, she has mobility issues. She can get around from her chair to the bathroom using two canes, but anything outside the house including the 100 ft from the front door to the car requires a scooter. Her mobility issues are in direct correlation to her weight. She has been told if she loses weight she can have knee replacement surgery which will mean that she may be able to walk again unassisted. She has nueropathy in her legs which causes her to fall. Not being judgemental, but she drinks a two liter of regular Pepsi EVERYDAY. Every meal is a production and the equivalent of Sunday Dinner. There is no "bowl of cereal", "soup and sandwich", "Chicken and a salad" meals in her house. (I promise...there is a point to all this) I have never had a conversation with her about my weight or hers. We are not close. Over Christmas, she pulled me aside to discuss my daughter's weight (Grandma or not...none of her business), she told me to keep better watch of her because I don't want her to end up "like us". It is an utter Christmas miracle that I was able to keep my mouth shut. We are both fat, but we ARE NOTHING ALIKE. To make it worse, in front of her, her own husband has complemented me on making an effort to do something to change my life. He has asked me for tips that he can implement that may help her, but as we all know...you can't help those who don't want it. Long Story short...I hope you understand now. Blog world is a different place. We are all here talking about it. We are all sharing similar experiences. We can say "like us" here (IMO) because we are relating to each other. Something I could never do with my Mother in Law. I wish she was in a place where there could be a "like us", but until then...that's not a place that I want to be lumped together. You, my friend...are fine and fantastic...No worries!

    ReplyDelete