Total Pageviews

Wednesday, 25 January 2012

I didn't drive the van off a cliff.

So the very day after I wrote the long motivation post, was that 'hell' day of the month where I think I am starving to death and there isn't enough food in the world to satisfy me. Unfortunately I was home all day, and not as hyper focused and busy as I should have been, so...I ate a lot, I ate often, and I ate poorly. I didn't even try to count the calories, I knew it was pointless.

The good news is, yes there is good news, the next day when I got up I didn't have the familiar attitude of oh well, I've blown it now, what the heck, I'll start again on Monday. I decided to adopt the same attitude that I would in so many other areas of my life where there is a setback. For example if I drop my phone on the floor, I don't say, "oh well, I've dropped it now, I may as well stomp on it until it's beyond repair." A few years ago when I slid into a curb and bent my tire rim on an icy road I didn't drive to a cliff and drive the van off because something happened and the whole thing was ruined now. So why do I, dare I say we(?) have such an all or nothing attitude about a day where we mess up with the eating? I did chose not to get on the scale the next day, I knew that wouldn't be good, but today when I got on, I was only up .6 of a pound. Now it's true, if I hadn't had that day, if I would have fought through and not eaten all that I did I would be down instead of up, but life happens. I am a woman, I'm so glad I am, and if that means that one day a month my body goes insane, oh well. I'll deal.

I have been doing well with my goals, really on track with all I have set so far. Although I am almost a week behind on adding new ones, I'll let you know what I have been doing.

This week I added;
-doing some kind of leg exercise every time I brush my teeth for 2 minutes. I've been doing squats, lunges, leg lifts, whatever I think of. It is not going to make a huge difference in any hurry, but it is an effort to move more.
-I have too much stuff in my life. I'm going to go through my stuff and find at least one large bag or box of things to take to donate.
-I'm going to increase the daily walks to a minimum of 25 mins.

Just to keep you updated, overall I have lost 10.2 lbs since the 1st, not as much as I had hoped, it seemed like I was on track to have a bigger loss a week ago, but I'm more than fine with it. The month isn't over, and if I can lose 10 lbs a month I will be very, very happy!!

Thanks for reading, and commenting, it really is helping.

2 comments:

  1. It sounds like you dealt with this well. Who has not done this? Ten lbs. in a month is a great loss. While we don't want these things to happen at all, when they do you have learned not to drive the van off the cliff. Be well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fantastic perspective! I love it. I don't know why, but my worst days always come after my high motivation days. Big Congrats on the loss!

    ReplyDelete