Total Pageviews

Monday, 28 November 2011

Numbers, numbers, numbers.

Well...my weight today was worse than I thought it would be. I guess that should be no surprise really. That is what happened when I got myself to 244 lbs in the first place, I didn't think I weighted as much as I thought.

So today I weighted 195.6. Insert angry swear here! Even though this is only a few lbs more than I thought I was, when I saw that number I had that hopeless what the hell is the point feeling and, where is the ice cream?

I know goals are important, everything you read tells you so, however I have never been good at setting them. I guess I never really learned how. So for now my goal is to get through today. I will not go out and buy ice cream. I will eat right today and I will get some exercise. My exercise goal is to do some pilates and go for a short walk.

Here we go... again.

3 comments:

  1. I hear you on the goals etc. I hate journaling, planning, analyzing, dissecting - it seems to never end. Why not try intuitive eating? I wait for the growl, then eat what I want in small amounts, then wait for the next growl. It's not as easy as it sounds but it works. The most difficult thing for me is that there can be no more plans and you may eat only once or twice a day. Let me know if you want some more information.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi I'm new to your blog having seen your comment on Christie's blog and popped over. I can totally empathise with your situation - I too am a 48yr old single mum and although for different reasons, I too put on my weight due to sadness re my marriage.
    I am with downsizers on not being able to put up with the endless planning and analysing despite it clearly working for some. I don't even weigh. I just eat less and move more. I've focussed more on the eating ( and drinking) less and need to up my moving a bit but generally it has worked for me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brendalyn...come out come out where ever you are! I've come out of hiding...let's do this thing! :)

    ReplyDelete